Thursday, September 07, 2006

So Here I Lay In Me 25th Year...

September 7

10mi, 1:07:57 (4:10/mi): Star Trib Ten. Nice loop in NE with Biz, watching a beautiful sun rise over the Mississippi. Possibly a little long. My body felt smashed like a bowl of eggs, and Bizyah carried off both me legs.

September 6

14+ 1:33:26 (wkout): 3mi WU, Hooley's Fartlek Workout, 3mi CD. 3x(meheme)(3min each interval). Tried to keep "m" close to threshold, "h" close to Como last week, and "e" an honest 6:30-:40. Got hard towards the end, but I'm sure that had absolutely nothing to do with my fitness. This is a great workout that I need to do more often because it forces me to really focus the whole way. It's a tougher mental effort than it appears, especially if you're trying to avoid a typical recovery slog on the easy intervals. Legs felt pretty unresponsive, actually. Need to stretch/ice/break out new shoes...

September 5

Day Off. Last week was 81.5mi, not 82.5mi as previously reported. Still, two long travelling weekends and the most consecutive miles (193.5) since college helped me justify a nap. Plus, Tegenkamp took a day off the week before his 3:35.96.

September 4

8mi, 54:27 (6:whatever/mi): 10K Loop + xtra with Schrades. Good easy miles, including a tour of the Madison Zoo, shrieking at the monkeys. Thanks to Schrades also for his dynamite peanut-butter ice-cream pie recipe, which I've now made public so that I'm forced to make it sometime soon.

3 comments:

gz said...

I like peanut butter ice cream pie.

gz said...

Oh, and I ran today. 6.5, untimed, didn't even get lost. Still no goal in mind, but it feels good to get back out there.

Andy S said...

"not [more] getting overtrained[!]"