Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sharks on a Roller Coaster

September 17

16mi, 1:48:06 (6:45/mi): Fishouse Extended. That might not actually be the name of this run, but it's something like that. Beautiful run in perfect weather. And, finally, I felt great. Easily the best run of the week.

Week: 73mi. Obviously less than I'd planned, but I finished the week feeling strong and rested instead of burnt-out so I'm not that upset about the mileage drop. More disappointed in my poor focus for the workouts this week, but still got in some quality running. Re-focus this week before a TC10M taper week...


September 16

9mi, Wkout. 7x800m, 90s R. 2:34, :34, :33, :32, :33, :34, :34. Cut from ten. Legs felt good and aerobic effort was entirely reasonable. But frustrated with myself for basically letting poor planning compromise the workout. Ran with Dan in the afternoon, but hadn't scheduled the workout time until late, so hadn't eaten very much and was not hydrated enough for the heat. Felt dizzy and weak from the time I stepped onto the track, and when the maintenence guy couldn't open the doors for bathrooms and water after #7 I had to call it quits. Just stupid. On the plus side, 1xPeanut-Butter/Ice-Cream Pie in the evening. Schrades, I added a layer of sliced bananas underneath the hot fudge. Ryan Hall and Jorge Torres had been so impressed and complimentary after watching Dan and me on the track that I invited them over to try some pie. They said the bananas were a great addition. Then they gave me their phone numbers.

2 comments:

Churchie said...

bekele? i'm not sure i believe you...

mugster said...

So while you were busy with Senner's old lady, Lundberg, your dad was over here with me. I think he might be having some back problems today too.