Thursday, September 21, 2006

Apocrypha - Corinth Writes Back

September 20

16mi, 1:42:32 (6:25/mi): 3+up, aprx 8mi @ tempo (5:37s), 4.5 down. Started tempo portion on the east bank side of the Stone Arch Bridge, crossed and followed the TC10M course to a block past Lexington.

An Open Letter to St. Paul,
c/o Summit Ave.

When last I sailed your boulevards t'was with poisonous affection. I knew you then, but without respect, and you knew me as you know thousands. It is not a lonely thing to suffer your corridors, only painful. So I am writing today without remorse or sentiment or forgiveness, only respect. Ten days from now I will arrive prepared to give you the attention and energy you demand and that so many waste on your Western Sister. She is fanciful and uncomplicated. You are simply, relentlessly subtle.

I understand. I ask only the same.

s/The Church

September 19

Day Off. Legs fine. Body fine. Am contributing this day off to the Chris Lundberg Relief Program.

3 comments:

Schrades said...

Sept 20

2 x Workout, 17 miles.

am: 20 x 200, 200 jog recovery. Far easier than last week, sometimes with an audience of highschoolers out of class for a fire alarm. I am not a professional runner. Mostly 33mid-35.

pm: 1 x highschool team for 5 x 1000, variable rest. 3:11-3:45 depending on the athletes timed. More shaking out than I had bargained for. Fun times.

gz said...

7mi oxbow contracted, untimed, as always. I know I talk about the hills all the time, but there's a reason why they call us 'flatlanders.' It's getting easier, though, and feeling good. Could have used the company on the verse or two of the Titanic song I actually know. And I wouldn't have minded knowing just how many people were in earshot when I started singing.

Ran into an Emory runner/fellow VLS 1l on Saturday. Jake Marren. He came to the Meeting of the Minds, was in the frat with the virgin party, and accompanied us to the Original Pancake House on spring break. I think he's still in shape or some crap like that, so I haven't asked him to run.

Churchie said...

well, t'was a long, dark cool down...