Monday, July 10, 2006

Mood To Burn Bridges/Mood to Dig Ditches

July 10

8, 50:10 (6:19/mi): LS8. Legs felt real flat but ran hard...though maybe not 6:19/mi hard. Whatever. Let's get a few things clear about the river road. First of all, it's mine. Second, if you have wheels strapped to your feet and are "blading", you should not be going slower than I am. Third, if you are biking - and in particular if you are biking and are not attired consistent with the Hooley Biking Attire Doctrine - you should not be completing a shorter loop than I am. Pretty much, if you were on the river road between 5:40 and 6:30 this evening, you annoyed me. Anyone want to meet me at Suzie's Rendezvous? Hools?

2 comments:

Schrades said...

Two episodes of run-bike two-a-days so far this week. One included an encounter with either a water balloon or beverage flung from a green vehicle. Churchie will appreciate the chasing and stalking as well as the verbal encounter that ensued. This encounter prooved there are exceptions to my red/maroon/burgundy rule of asshole drivers.

Bryan said...

Week of July 3 to July 12, no running, very sad, but working too hard on the house to get any running in. I guess sometimes sacrifices must be made. After a week of 8 am to midnight shifts, the house is looking much better, the kitchen just needs some paint, but otherwise the project is done!

Biz, if you want that drywall, I left it on the porch (831 Tatum St. in St Paul) which is unlocked so help yourself to it.

July 13, finally back to running and my legs felt the time off, took quite a while to get them loose again, but fortunately I had Graham and Boulder to keep me going, 5 miles in ~40 minutes, nice and slow for the hot dog (it was about 80 already by 9:30). Hopefully things start feeling better soon....