Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Ain't Passed The Bar But I Know A Little Bit

July 25

10mi, 1:07:31 (6:45/mi): Faegre&Thensome. Easy run after Day 1. Legs fluctuated between feeling sluggish from the race and jittery from the days off and the sitting. So let's see if I've got this right: Senner started his slow 16-miler at 7 or 8am on 7/24 and finished just before 10pm, giving him something like 14hrs for the total time on 16mi. Wow. That's slow, but what if I told you I'd started thinking about this 10-miler on Sunday? What then, Senner?

Slabbaj Shout-Out: To Jill McKiernan for her 3rd-place finish at the Capitol Mile in Madison, WI this weekend!

July 24

Day Off. Unintentional, but not negligent.

July 23

Day Off. Intentional.

Week: 55mi.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

July 26th: 8, 6 by myslf and 2 with Boulder. I got some crazy roast beast around mile 3 or 4. It's still pretty raw, so I have to kind of waddle around....

Bryan said...

July 27th: Went for a morning swim, and by swim I mean 10 miles in 100% humidity (that means its like swimming right?). 2 mile warmup, 3x ~2/3 mile hill with the same distance recovery, then 4 mile cool down, half with Boulder. Felt pretty good considering the profuse sweating my body decided on was not doing a damn bit of good given the humidity. On the plus side, I was sweating enough that my chafaj was nice and lubed up the whole time...

Schrades said...

Jill wins $50 straight up. Damn.

I've been thinking about theoretical running rules these last few days. For example: you must run one mile for every hour you work. Or, you must run one mile for every waking hour. Yesterday I realized that waking hours are almost equal to OR hours some days. Thus, 1 mile for every OR hour. I have followed no such rule, though I have been running in the early am.

I've also wondered if a factor could be created to convert OR hours into mileage credit. Standing is hard work. (60 minutes=1 badger mile?, similar to 10 minutes cross training=1 mile) After yesterday felt as though I'd been run over. Actually we spent most of the 13 hours fixing the shoulder of a dude who hit a deer at hiway speeds on his motorcycle. Total mileage credit yesterday: 19 miles in 13:44:06.