Saturday, July 22, 2006

Lumber Jacked 'Er

July 22

14mi, 1:26ish (rizace): Lumberjack Days 10mi in 54:52. Pay careful attention because this phrase doesn't crop-up very often, least of all in writing: Hooley was right. By the time the downhill came, the legs were too spent to do much of anything. So that coupled with some still-emerging fitness, the other workouts this week and an ominous stomach made the last four miles less fast than they are on paper. I sort of suspect that all but Jake Watson have this problem but don't like to admit that Hooley is right, so it remains taboo. I say, give credit where credit is due. Ran with Biz for 4mi, then stared at him 10s ahead of me but unable to do anything about it for the last 6mi. Basically, this is about where I expected to be, and it's nice to justify that TC 10-Miler entry. Also, great job to my brother, "Chapel", whose nickname I have never understood but who turned in a very impressive performance to anchor a nice comeback race for Slab City after Grandma's.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

I can't remember the last day I posted, so I'll assume I already posted Friday's run...

July 23rd: 10 in ~67 min. 2-2-2-2-2. Felt pretty good, it was hot, but not too bad. Felt good to get a workout in while passing people on bikes.

Total for the week ending the 23rd was 55, a little set back from my inital goals, but there are still 10 weeks to go.

July 24th: 10 easy, 8 by myself and 2 with Boulder. Legs felt great, the training is definitely paying off, as is the extreme-hamstring stretching. The hammie is finally settling down, which is nice.

Bryan said...

hool, yes, it is indeed the 'liz schorn extreme hamstring stretch.' It is quite painful, but well worth it since my hammie tightens up after about 10 miles now rather than 1 minute as it did a few weeks ago.

July 25, 14 total, 12 by myself in about 6:30 pace and then 2 with Boulder. Felt pretty good throughout.