Saturday, January 27, 2007

Somebody stole my shoes/but there's a couplea bananas and a bottle of booze

January 27

10mi, 1:09:27 (6:57?/mi): Lakes etc. I would describe this run but the wind would probably blow the words right off the screen. I remember that my face was cold.

January 26

PM: 8mi, 52:12 (dunno): Isles + Calhoun + xtra. Legs worn out from a long day. Dealt with it by running pretty quick on a warm, windy night. Possibly a little longer than 8 by that measure...

AM: 4mi, 30:17 (7:34/mi): Shortcut. The 6:30am stumble, pre-course.

January 25

12mi, 1:20:03 (6:40something/mi): Hennepin-Lake + xtra. New Shoes!!! And the best run in a couple weeks. Some foot soreness from the new kicks, but everything else felt relatively smooth. Encouraging. Finished with an inadvertent 4ish mi uptempo.

January 24

10mi, 1:04:25 (dunno, something like 6:27/mi): Ford-Franklin + xtra. Terrible run. 1mi WU, 24min@tempo, CD. Shins cramped from the first steps of the uptempo portion and got gradually worse until I could no longer push-off. Stopped to stretch after about 19min but it didn't do much. Frustrating, but I think it's just the shoes.

January 23

Day Off

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Today is January 28 and I ran 13 miles in 99 minutes (but the girl ain't one?) and it was good. I felt my bulgatious calves powering me past gas stations, my cousin's house, and a group of runners who I did not recognize. (1) I was undeterred by the feeling of oatmeal in my stomach. I was unfazed by the wind. I was smug that I was not in Minnesota and thusly shed my top layer like a mighty Saint Bernard in Trinidad. I cursed my knowledge of local topography as I realized that miles 9-12 were virtually all uphill. Mile 13 was mostly downhill. (2) My approach to it was quite bombastical.

(1) The non-recognition being only remarkable because two of them greeted me by name.
(2) Except for the short portion that runs from the ice cream shop to the formerly-Christian Science Church, now-Church of Christ church.