Sunday, January 07, 2007

If those boys wanna fight you'd better let 'em

January 7

14mi, 1:33:30 (6:41/mi): Fishouse + xtra. Felt like I was running progressively slower over the course of the run, but I attempted to compensate by adding some surges. Interesting, I suppose. Chilly and windy. Late October is beautiful.

Week: 60.5mi. Exactly as planned. And there's another 2-3mi hidden in there somewhere, but, umm, those don't go on the shoes.

January 6

5.5mi, 38:33 (7:00/mi): Car Retrieval. A standard loop. Also, a little chilly in shorts today having misplaced my running pants. Specifically, missed my legs. Did not run around Lake Harriet because of the inevitable confusion that would result.

5 comments:

Hools said...

how far?

Hools said...

just checking. never know when yer gonna be like: lydiard prescribes a hard 45 miler 5 days before optimal half marathon performance. or some. shit.

so. are we gonna meet after racing for eating? I'm staying in the hyatt. I will also have my mobile. I will also look for you after I finish (IF...)

I might also c u the a. m. of--

Hools said...

"nobody move, nobody gets nowhere"-- Slug

sounds good. i will see you then.

mugster said...

Sometime last week: 3 miles fast with my brother. He doesn't know pace from his own ass.

Saturday: 5 hours snowshoeing in Yosemite. Only bit it once, had a great view from the hike, and tried running in showshoes at the end. It felt quasi-normal, but my companions informed me that I looked ridiculous. What do they know.

Sunday: 5 hours hiking through redwoods in Yosemite. Kept trying to spot the tree I stood in front of when I was 3. Unsuccessful, but I did get to kiss a tree.

Monday: 11 hours drive back to Portland. Cranky. Stormed out of the house for a run, 3 miles. Fumed the whole way... and after.

Tuesday: much needed sleep

Erik Brooks said...

Jan 7 - Agreed to run the Wasatch 100. Sent in my $$$. Accepted entries are posted early February. Then I can start running!

We have 3 feet of snow on the ground. I have skiied 36 times since Thanksgiving and run... 7 miles.

Solidarity!