Saturday, April 29, 2006

River Road, Youuu-ooooooo Send Me

April 29

12mi, 1:16ish: Get In Gear 10K, 32:52, 21st Overall. Lots to be happy about with this race: 2nd fastest 10K (pathetic, but true); Even 5Ks (16:26/16:26), both faster than Race For Justice; 26:30 for 5mi (though mile splits were all over the place...) on a tougher course than Human Race; All done in rainy and windy conditions. Wish I had the month of March back, but all in all very happy with this race. Sometimes me and the river road, we fuss and fight/and the river road leaves home, cause things ain't right/ohh, but I get to feeling so all alone, and I call the river road on the telephone/finally get somebody on the telephone, and I say 'who is this?'/somebody says 'this is the operator'/i say 'i don't want you, operator, i want the riiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvver roooooaaaaaaaaaaaad!"

No comments: