Saturday, March 31, 2007

If you want to see a handsome man, come with me to sandy land

March 31

17.5, 2:01:23 (6:56/mi): Hyland Park w/Biz and Dan. Soggy, but lovely. And we picked it up to, like, 4-min pace for, like, the last half of the run. It was really, really easy. There were all kinds of mountains and not many sherpas and it was windy and also extremely early in the morning but also we are very good runners, such that we could complete this run with extreme ease. Felt goodish, finally. Then we ate breakfast, because we're so good at running. Stat for Schrades (Immediately to my Left): The bloggy blogg now records a year's worth of trainaj for Churchie and Schrader. For Churchie, the past calendar year included 2754.5mi, which is more than any other year I've recorded. Other Stats: 254mi in March. Not terrible considering the injury. 801mi so far in 2007, fastest to 800 and 210.5mi ahead of 2006. Viva Year II.

March 30

8mi, 50:47 (6:21/mi): Also Quite Magical. This time I finally felt pretty good, though the cough came back during the run. Even picked things up down the RR and then up and down the Greenway. Slowed up a little when I realized that Dan wanted to pick it up towards the end of the looooooooooong run.

March 29

10mi, 1:07:47 (6:47/mi): Magical Somethingorother. Ran around. Probably thought about doing a workout and then thought better of it. Or maybe that was a different day, I'm not enitrely sure. Anyway, I ran out on the ol' Midtown Greenway and became excited about the ol' Midtown Greenway. But I kept coughing and decided to turn around.

3 comments:

mugster said...

Oh sure Tom, you post a new entry right after I post a comment just so no one will have to read about my craptastic run. Thanks for making the day even better!

mugster said...

Thanks, Biz. Maybe now I can stop self-medicating with chocolate and cider alone on a Saturday night and just attribute my craptastic-ness to Tom.

chaypaw said...

April 1
4+ (29:45) Summit. Nice easy run to cap a good week. Felt fine- the legs have definitely noticed the uptick in mileage, but no aches and pains whatsoever. Good times.

Week:
69 miles, 1 wkt, 17+ long run. Great week. I feel good despite the increase in miles. Finally getting into the range I'd like to be in for the next several weeks. Booyah.