Wednesday, October 04, 2006

This Train/Carries Fools and Kings

October 3

5mi, 34:27 (6:53/mi): West Side Five. A shorter trolley ride. Legs felt very beat-up, but hopefully this run helped shake off most of that. Aiming for easy miles this week with a long run and a threshold workout towards the end. Oh, and abs. And perhaps some Masciolis-Inspired Bruce Lifting a la winter of 2004. This train...

October 2

Day Off. Slept through alarm, missed trolley. Sore legs would have appreciated it.

October 1

20mi, Race: TC10-Mile in 53:35 (5:14, :16, :23(uphill), :14, :27, :35, :36, :21, :21, :05). Happy with the time, but still don't feel like I'm competing very well when I'm racing. Miles 1-4 were perfect, but I talked myself out of 5:15s and let Katie McGregor et al. drop me during an unnecessarily slow fifth mile. And that set me up for two solo miles up Summit that were slower than they probably would have been otherwise. Had plenty left for the downhill finish, just not enough to catch Arneson who ran a spectacular race. Congrats to SCRC and LSCC marathoners. And, a more reserved congrats to WRRT 10-Milers who were basically the cause of the 7+ mile cool down.

Week: 50.5mi. Good taper week. Time to get back on the trolley for Manchester.

1 comment:

Schrades said...

Wed: 4.5mi (29:25) Creaky today. Good to be on my way back. Zero foot pain all day. No over doing it this time. New shoes are in the mail.

Jill showed me Weird Al's White and Nerdy:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rWs1FF-BS7c
Funny funny times.