Thursday, October 05, 2006

Torii Hunter Has 5 Gold-Gloves

October 5

10mi, 1:09:10 (6:55/mi): 2xDefault. Easy run, with Nick and Jessica for about half of it. Legs felt stiff and not altogether thrilled with Jessica's choice of pace over the first two miles.

October 4

10mi, 1:05:27 (6:33/mi): Ford-Franklin + xtra. Beautiful run and legs felt much better, especially through about 8mi. Ran with a plesantly meandering mind until I picked up the marathon course and checked my watch at the mile markers. Nothing ruins a run like knowing how fast you're running. Fortunately the fall colors helped to counteract some of that. I think in the Twin Cities it might be the marathon that inspires the leaves and not vice-versa as the organizers would have you believe. As I told Biz, they're two of the most beautiful rites of death we get to witness. And yes, all these sorts of thoughts came before I hit those mile markers...

1 comment:

Churchie said...

just trying to balance you out...