Tuesday, February 13, 2007

But you're still lyin'/ in sleep songs and I'm tryin'/ to feel your heart

February 13

5mi, 33:12 (6:38/mi): West Side Five. Ugh.

February 12

Day Off. Lots of walking. And more donuts.

February 11

PM: 3.5mi, 21:55 (it's less than 4mi...): Seattle Center Shakeout. Ran through a fountain in the rain. Made friends with the teenagers who evidently had just completed the same.

AM: 4mi, 28:47 (7:12/mi): Bandit Seawall. Ran into the First Half Vancouver 1/2M and followed the last couple of miles behind some dudes finishing around 1:30, then ran back and found Jessica also following the course. This is a gorgeous course; top places match up well with times from Bjorklund on the men's side, women's race won in 1:15ish last year; and it fills up in 4 days. I only felt slightly better about missing most of it when I learned that last point...

Week: 61.5/6 days. So-so. Would have liked to have done more running in Seattle and Vancouver, but I did respectably and my legs were a little shot from all the walking. But this did throw me off schedule, so I'll be taking another look at what I want to do with the next five weeks before The Human Race.

February 10

PM: 6.5mi, 45:10 (6:57/mi): Vancouver Seawall. Beautiful run into Stanley Park in Vancouver. Saw a fox run out on the chilly night. With chilly meaning not chilly. Fox was confessing and bringing the flood. Or, at least the rain, which was scarce before his arrival.

AM: 5.5mi, 37:24 (Ask Paul): Once around Greenlake pre-breakfast. For those interested, Paul should make the team so long as he continues to direct deserving parties to exceptional donuts.

February 9

12mi, 1:20:09 (6:41/mi): The Modified Tops Extended. Lovely run with Pauuuuuul Anderson around Greenlake, the destination for the pair of runners in my favorite Seattle radio commercial. Did not notice if they made it because I was busy a) confiscating the desktop computer Paul straps to his wrist for every run, b) telling the foolish 6 year olds suggesting that some ambiguous "we" should do an even more ambiguous "something" about global warming that they'd better march their environmental gospel far away from this Church and c) administering Paul's tryout for the SCRC 2007 W2W throw downaj squad.

February 8

PM: 7mi, 50:00 (7:09/mi): LS8. Warmer, but rushed after work and before packing/flight/etc.

AM: 4mi, Untimed (Watches Freeze at Absolute Zero): Shortcut. Very early ahead of a long day.

February 7

10mi, 1:08:58 (6:54/mi): Brrr-8-O Extend-O. Sometimes when it's cold outside, puns and burritos get me motivated. Ran around until I got cold, then a couple laps inside the Washington Ave bridge, then to Chipotle. Then Extend-O.

February 6

9mi, 1:04:16 (7:08/mi): It Makes A 9. Crappy run. Cold. And it doesn't actually make a 9.

February 5

Day Off. The sky [was] falling.

5 comments:

chaypaw said...

Feb 13
8 (56:35) LSCC. Yeah, it was closer to six (like 46 or so minutes) before we decided to go to some gyro joint for dinner. Turns out "Open Late" and "Open Daily" don't include Tuesdays around 7:30. The added running around did make for something resembling 8.

Feb 14
Happy Valentine's Day, all.
8ish (51:35) A&W Mod +. Actually, although I went around the GC twice, I didn't add on the few blocks I usually do to make it 8. I'm not sure if my knee was barking a little more today because of the increased tempo today or the relative lack of stretching/abs in the last few days. I'm hoping for the latter, and consequently hit both pretty hard today. And now my arms are sore, and typing is hard.

chaypaw said...

Feb 15
8 (57:11) A&W Mod +. Pretty good run. Knee definitley worlds better than yesterday, and I hit the abs/ stretching again, so hopefully we're back in the groove. I ran slow and it felt slow. But today's hopefully the last cold day for a little while, and it was 9, so it wasn't even that cold.

chaypaw said...

Feb 16
8 (54:45) GC Wkt. Warmed up 15 minutes over to the GC with Biz (though his warmup was probably three or so minutes shorter). Then ran about four miles of 3 min on, 3 min off. Got in 5 "on" intervals, all of which felt pretty good. I have no idea how fast they were. I'm guessing south of 6 min pace, but not by much. Was definitely recovered- probably could have taken 90s or 2 min rest rather than three minutes, but for the first wkt since, maybe December, I saw no reason to push it. Nice to have that done and having felt good.

chaypaw said...

Feb 17
11+ (1:20:40) Skyline Ext. Ran with Biz, which was good, since I don't know that run. Longest run probably since December, and all was good. I could feel the knee a bit by the end, but I'm guessing that's a combination of today and yesterday. Things look good, so far. Arms to tired to type more again.

mugster said...

Sunday: first run in 3 weeks and it felt like it. About 4.5. Finally warm and no fresh snow on the ground. Now it's time to celebrate the run with pudding!