Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I've sucked the milk out of a thousand cows...

November 29

5mi, 34:17 (6:whatever/mi): Default w/Nick. Darker than a black steer's tuckus on a moonless prairie night.

November 28

Day Off.

November 27

Day Off.

November 26

Day Off. Happy Birthday, Schrades.

Week: 28.5mi. I'd be taking a week or more off if it weren't for Club Nats on 12/9. Instead it'll be a few days and then some maintainin' before collecting myself for '07.

November 25

9mi, Conard HS Alumni Race (5k): 16:41 (aprx), 1st. Decent run over a tough course. Led the first mile in 5:15 to test legs. Legs failed test, so I tucked in behind Schuyler Schuster (Alumni Race Champ '04) and Ryan Rodd (Alumni Race Champ '05) and we ran the soggy, rocky, hilly second mile in 5:35. Sky moved to the front with a mile to go and started throwing surges, but I sat on his shoulder while we dropped Ryan. Moved past Sky with 150 or 200 to go to nab my first victory after a pair of runner-up finishes and several third-place showings. Course PR.

November 24

4mi, 25:52 (6:28/mi): Salt Block. Easy recovery. Nice weather, a day late.

2 comments:

mugster said...

Tuesday: 4 in the dark with Alison, new loop was exciting. Still warm!

Thursday: 6--longer and harder than I intended. Did a new loop and was hoping for 5. Oops. The wind and cold made it hard to tell how fast I was going for my effort. Ended up running about 8min miles at the end. Oops again. Side aches and snot rockets galore. Winter is here!

mugster said...

Saturday: long run, 8 miles, some with Alison. Felt pretty good until the end. Perfect weather when the wind wasn't in my face!
Brings the weekly total up to 18, highest in over 2 years. Booyah!