Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Back in the Saddle?

Most of you have probably been assuming that since I sometimes hang out with Biz I must have a strict "No Days Off, Ever" rule. Wrong. Legs are recovering much more quickly than they did after Twin Cities, but I did zero running and only one or two short bike rides last week. On Sunday I made the unfortunate decision to play Frisbee with some of the other jokers who post on this thing, and I woke up Monday morning feeling more or less crippled...The plan now is to train for the Manchester Road Race on Thanksgiving, and then maybe to parlay that training into a winter or spring marathon. Circuit races on the way, and maybe a brief taper for the TC 10miler. Mostly, though, I want to do some patient as opposed to head-exploding training over the next several months.

June 26

4mi, 27:31 (6:53/mi): Shortcut (is this what I named this run? I can't remember...). Felt horrible. Dehydrated and stiff from the Frisbee, and scared for the second half that I was missing a meeting at work so I couldn't stop to stretch...

June 27

Day Off. Hoss Day (observed).

June 28

4mi, 26:04 (6:31): Down Franklin to LP Apt. Legs much better but the marathon or the Frisbee is still banging around in the muscles. Fortunately, slow and low is the tempo.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

June 29th:
8 (56) Nice and easy, felt good, hammie loosened up nicely, it's amazing how effective good stretching can be at making tomorrow less painful...Day off tomorrow as we drive to the motherland for some good MN runnin'!