Monday, December 11, 2006

People in Motion...

December 10

2mi jog to shake out the plane ride and race and anything else. Turned out there was unexpected "else." Also it was beautiful outside and Biz really wanted me to get 30mi on the week.

Week: 30mi. Most of the fatigue I'm feeling right now is from travel, but I've been looking forward to some time off for the last couple of weeks. I'll be taking this week to recharge after a fantastic year of running.

December 9

11mi, USATF Club XC Nationals 10K (35:15): Golden Gate Park. Whatever. Haven't checked my place. Team was 37th of 42. A terrible race, but I hadn't put myself in a position physically or mentally to have a good race, so I'm not particularly surprised or upset. The course was very cool and for the first 6K it was fun to splash through the horse track and slog through the mud with Ben Merchant. After that I gave up mentally, and everything else followed. Fun, but exhausting trip.

December 8

3mi, 20mi or so: Riley Run. Quick run before fleeing the state for obvious reasons. 1x Sprint Drills at SFO waiting for a ride.

3 comments:

Churchie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Churchie said...

For those wondering, this is basically my response to Graham's Con Law question:

Visit Still, what took me aback was how Vidor had evolved into a kind of complacency. It was trying to change, but not all that hard, and sometimes wanted to be left alone. And to a great extent, that explained why Vidor has not quite escaped its past.


The "narrowly tailored" requirement is related and proportional to the ends the measure seeks to achieve. Well, given our history, overcoming past discrimination is a big honkin' end, and a voluntary, democratic effort in an area where we typically defer to and where there is no federal protection for voluntary, democratic efforts should be almost per se narrowly tailored. And on the facts of this case - where race is just one of several factors or a tie-breaker - it's pretty much a drop in the bucket.

But this is a training blog.

(I'm not this week. Remember?)

mugster said...

Weekly totals: 125 pages+ of editing and then proofreading for friends taking prelims; 3 bad nights of sleep followed by 4 hours last night; one trip to the airport; one visit from the city water man at 8:30 am; one stupid public presentation of dissertation proposal.

No runs. But also no law school finals or lawyering job. I think I might be coming out ahead.... but the week's not over yet.