Thursday, September 04, 2008

'Cause Everybody Hates A Tourist

August 18-24

270min (~39mi), 5 runs, Hill Workout, 90min LR. Good running during a busy week, but not enough upper body work. Did 6xHill on the West River Road in 2:58, :53, :50, :48, :47, :46 and felt decent. Easily my best workout so far. Ran early with Jessica on Thursday, early with Hooley on Friday, and relatively early for 90min with Biz on Saturday. All of which, plus that wedding, left me ready to start my planned down week a day early.

August 25-31

120min (~16mi), 4 runs, 30min each. Spent the week in New Orleans, where it was, among other things, hot. I'd heard this about New Orleans, though, and planned the down week accordingly. Running, work, and getting generally lost took me through neighborhoods in various stages of recovery. Hotel guests were evacuated on Saturday, which cut the tourist portion of my trip down to an evening on Frenchmen Street, a morning run (down the St. Charles streetcar line), and a quick trip to Cafe du Monde. It felt like was alone in the city with the National Guard and a few other last-minute tourists on Friday and Saturday. New Orleans, justifiably, seemed tired.

1 comment:

bizyah said...

Workin' my way back onto the horse.

Sept 4: Easy 35 mins on the road at home after work. Felt alright, but have some serious sleepaj to catch up with.

Sept 5: 1 hr on Aspen trail w/Wray. Warmed up, did 4 x 5 min @ 10kish effort, full recovery, then cooldown. Felt awesome on the first two, then some bowel issues slowed me up a bit for the last couple. It didn't help that it got to be pretty darn hard. It's a nice trail 'cause it rolls rather than only going up or down, but it ain't easy to run fast on either. Overall though, great run. Wray kicks ass, namely mine. I also dropped a pretty nice shit on the cooldown, which was good. Tomorrow I head down to Salt Lake to do some Wasatch paceaj. Feelin' really excited and pretty nervous about that. It looks like I'm taking on about 25ish miles before I pass Cole off to Lori for the last 25-30ish. (I haven't checked the details that close yet). I think I get a lot of downhill and pavement. Which is nice. Bedar.