Monday, August 18, 2008

Dontcha know that it's in-sane?

August 4-10

300min (~43mi), 90min LR, 1 Workout, 2xlifting. A great week of running despite all the schedules. Most of the added volume comes from having added another 30min run to the schedule to make a 6-day week. Followed-up a solid race last week with a 4x(5min on/off) on Wednesday. Mile splits, when available, were 6:21, 6:34, 6:29 and 6:17. Huge improvement over the workout attempted two weeks ago. Finished the week with 90min on the bike-and-surrounding trails with Dan in Cape Cod.

August 11-17

290min (~40mi), 90min LR, 1 Workout. Another excellent week despite the huge demands of vacationing. Got the easy days done through the Red Maple Swamp, Skiff Hill and Fort Hill, though I doubt that'll prove a very memorable detail in 2008 Fort Hill lore...Also managed to keep up with Dan for a 6x(3min on/2min off) workout on Wednesday and log a solo 90min on Friday. Optimistic. Slabbaj Shout-Out: To the SCRC studs who made sure we scored down in Edina and managed some solid races to boot. And, to anyone else who went out there and earned it this week.

1 comment:

bizyah said...

Uff-dah

Don't recall the last post, but it's been a busy couple weeks. Took some days off post-El Vaquero to get recovered, which was probably a good thing. Drove back to mpls for Collin's wedding, which was awesome. Also started quite the automotive debacle. Alternator blew out on the way to the wedding, so there was a cab involved, and some lateness. On the way home, 40 miles east of Bismarck the fuel pump went out. Since we were already going to be three days late for work and it didn't sound like the car was gonna be ready anytime soon, Lori and I rented a car and rolled home.

There were some more runs, including a nice one up Phillip's Pass for 2 hours with Lori and Bushwacker. Saw 7 moose. Helluvah run.

The Grand Teton Races were this past weekend, and they were a blast as usual. Spent most of the hours of the weekend, starting after work Friday, volunteering up there. Took a short break from that Sunday morning to run the marathon. It was okay--4:01:51 for second place. Wasn't in shape or fresh enough to run the uphills well, but the downhills were fabulous--saved my ass. Ran all the tough hills, but then on the final section Rob had pulled out to a wicked big lead and my legs were toast so I walked all of the uphills in the last 5 miles. Overall, given my fitness I think I would have been much closer to the lead with the potential to close the last 5 miles real fast if I'd walked some of the hard hills early on, but I'm a stubborn ass, so that didn't happen. Ran just hard enough to stay in second place.

All things considered, a good 4 hr workout. Got a sizeable heel blister, but otherwise came through it alright. Went for a short run yesterday which felt good, but my legs are definitely a bit sore. I'm now headed off to Bismarck in hopes that my car will be ready tomorrow. Mechanic dude was hopeful on that though he won't be sure until late morning. The positive thing is that if I leave tonight I can return the car a day earlier, since that's more expensive than the repair itself. . .gotta love that. Anyway, I aspire to post a bit more frequently, things have just been a bit hectic.

If I make it back to town, the plan is to head down and crew/pace for Cole w/Lori at Wasatch this weekend. I really hope it works out 'cause I'm pretty excited to see that course. Should be sweet!